sam® daily multi-hour low intensity ultrasound treatment can reduce the use of narcotics, treat arthritis pain and accelerate the natural healing cascade of tissue injuries1-16
Daily sam® treatment reduced arthritis pain by 40% in patients with moderate to sever knee OA.
Journal of Orthopedic Research and Surgery
Daily sam® treatment healed chronic tendinopathy and reduced tendon pain by 90%
The Physician and Sportsmedicine
Meta-analysis on sam® for soft tissue healing and increasing collagen matrix production
Internal Medicine Review
CLINICAL LEVEL 1 EVIDENCE
- Draper et al 2018 “Effect of low-intensity long-duration ultrasound on the symptomatic relief of knee 1 osteoarthritis: a randomized, placebo-controlled double-blind study” J Orthop Surg Res. 2018; 13: 257.
- Daniels et al 2018 “The Effects of Low-Intensity Therapeutic Ultrasound on Measurable Outcomes: A Critically Appraised Topic” Journal of Sport Rehabilitation, 2018, 27, 390-395
- Mattern et al 2017 “The Effect of Low Intensity Wearable Ultrasound on Blood Lactate and Muscle Performance after High Intensity Resistance Exercise” JEP Online August 2017 Vol 20 No
- Draper et al 2016 “Low Intensity Ultrasound for Promoting Soft Tissue Healing: A Systematic Review of the Literature and Medical Technology” Intern Med Rev (Wash D C)
- Rigby et al 2015 “Intramuscular Heating Characteristics of Multihour Low-Intensity Therapeutic Ultrasound” Journal of Athletic Training 2015;50(11):000–000
- Lewis et al 2013 “Design and evaluation of a wearable self-applied therapeutic ultrasound device for chronic myofascial pain.” Ultrasound Med Biol. 2013 Aug;39(8):1429-39
CLINICAL LEVEL 4 EVIDENCE
- Best et al 2015 “Sustained acoustic medicine: wearable, long duration ultrasonic therapy for the treatment of tendinopathy” The Physician and Sportsmedicine 15 Oct 2015.
- Langer et al 2014 “Pilot Clinical Studies of Long Duration, Low Intensity Therapeutic Ultrasound for Osteoarthritis” Proc IEEE Annu Northeast Bioeng Conf. 2014 April ; 2014:
- Taggart et al 2014 “Human Factors Engineering and Testing for a Wearable, Long Duration Ultrasound System Self-Applied by an End User” Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2014 ; 2014: 554–557.
- Lewis et al 2013 “Wearable long duration ultrasound therapy pilot study in rotator cuff tendinopathy” Proc Meeting of Acous. June 2013.
CLINICAL LEVEL 5 EVIDENCE & DOCUMENTS
- 2018 NIH News article on sam® for knee arthritis pain
- sam® Sport health economics on back pain (company whitepaper)
- Lewis et al 2016 “sam® Sport for the Non-Surgical Soft-Tissue Treatment of Athletes”
- Lewis et al 2015 “Review of sam® literature supporting efficacy”
- Langer et al 2015 “Sustained Acoustic Medicine A Novel Long Duration Approach” Proc SPIE 2015
- Langer et al 2013 “Long duration low intensity ultrasound increases NSAID delivery over four hours” Poc ACOUS 2013